Lifestyle blog by Chelsea

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Change of Perspective











I was told today that if I want miracles to happen in my life, I have to be a miracle. This is me giving it a try with the hopes of inspiring even just a little bit of you.

Let me help you change your perspective a bit.

The youth of today are fully aware of the things around us and because of that they have many views and takes on many things and one of them is religion especially Catholics. Because of the media, internet and brainwashing I have heard of a number of youths (and sadly many parents) that are thinking twice and turning their back on their religion. Why? All they hear, all they see, all they experience is just one side of the church. All that they experience are the sacraments and sadly to say that’s mostly it. They only hear the bad news, the scandals, the oppositions of the church. 

The church in the media today is described as a place for people who think that they deserve God’s love. The church in the media today is described as a place for people who are pure. The church in the media today is described as a place that is not open to others. The church in the media today is not the church at all. 



I get why sometimes people my age get mad at some of the teachings, especially with homosexuality and sensitive stuff regarding gender, but I want you to know that the church both young and old,straight and gay, free and captive and both sinner and saint. The church accepts everyone. 

It pains me when I see people taking for granted their religion. What I see in the youth of today, most of them are empty. They try to make themselves happy through vices, popularity, fame and money but I see how empty they feel. Remember I feel the same way sometimes too but when I go back to God and let Him fill me with his love, I feel like the luckiest person in the world. 

If you feel lost, empty, stressed, heavy, or you just want to feel loved, go to church, go back to God. We are willing to accept ANYONE. No matter how many or how grave your sins are, open arms will welcome you. 

Its when I go to church I forget all my problems. Of course problems are still there, but now I face them knowing that God is there for me. I feel refreshed, assured, secured, blessed, beautiful, great, powerful, happy, able and LOVED. And I don’t know with you but that sounds pretty cool to me.

Yeah, go ahead and call me the corny church girl who gives up her Saturday nights to attend church and serve God, but there is one thing I can assure you, never have I ever regretted spending my Saturday nights with the Lord and that is something I will never be ashamed of.

If you’re afraid your friends won’t call you cool
“Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you He will not fail you or forsake you.”- Deuteronomy 31:6
If you don’t want to give up your precious time
Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.-Matthew 16:24-25
What’s a little sacrifice here on Earth in return for an eternal place with God in heaven.
If you’re still confused, let me borrow a quote form the movie “God’s not Dead”
Mark:  You prayed and believed your whole life. Never done anything wrong, and here you are. You’re the kindest person I know. I am the meanest. You have dementia. My life is perfect. Explain that to me!

Mark’s mother: Sometimes the devil allows people to live a life free of trouble because he doesn’t want people turning to God. Their sin is like a jail cell, except it is all nice and comfy and there doesn’t seem to be any reason to leave. The door’s wide open. Till one day time runs out and the door slams shut and suddenly it’s too late to get out.

Cherrio!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature